Child care centres have transformed into an industry today and they are one of the most successful businesses. Today, many child care centres in Singapore are running successfully, not as a business but as learning centres. Child care centres are like schools where the children get attention as well as learn some meaningful things that help them in the school as well as the later stages of their lives.
Following are some of the benefits that your child can get from attending child care centres in singapore :
1. Cognitive Development
Various cognitive developmental benefits can be derived from quality preschool programs. By attending a preschool or a child care centre, your child will get a chance to develop beneficial social skills, as well as enhance their mental concentration. Moreover, the child develops intellectually and learn to stay independent. After attending the child care centre, your child would have better cognitive development that would make them more prepared for the challenges of the primary school.
2. Preparation for Primary School
As we all know that being a child it is not easy to leave home for a school where no familiar face is there to welcome you. This makes it harder for the child to adjust to the new people. When a child attends a child care centre, they get used to getting up early and leaving for school. This makes them easy for them to adjust to the primary school as well.
3. Social Interaction and Team Work
Children are usually very welcoming. However, some children are not and they need to develop some social skills in their personality so that they dont feel hesitant in talking to other children. Child care centres provide the opportunity to the children to interact with other children and make new friends. They also learn to play together and do fun activities while sharing their own ideas. Such interaction has a positive impact on the communication skills of the child and they also learn to appreciate others.
4. Availability of Numerous Options
Your child gets different options of spending time at the child care center. There are different toys, puzzles, and books available that your child can use. There are many indoor as well as outdoor activities available that can help in the growth of the child while making them enjoy their time at the preschool. There also are different musical instruments available that can help develop an interest for music in your child.
5. Removes Hesitation and Improves Confidence
Children are usually very shy and they hesitate in initiating a conversation or an activity when they are in front of other people that they are not aware of. A preschool or a day care centre promotes confidence to the personality of a child and tackles any sort of hesitation that they might feel. The confidence that they get from such centres stay with them for their entire lives and help them grow in every aspect of their life.
6. Enhances their Creative Side
When it comes to child care centres, the activities they arrange for the children help them use their creativity and bring it out in shape of a drawing or a project. Their creativity is appreciated by the fellow students as well as the teachers that make them use their ideas more often than usual to get the appreciation.
These are some of the best advantages of a child care centre. In Singapore, the rate of growth is quite high and if your child is not prepared for the challenges, they might be left behind.
It is the dream of every parent that their child has a strong start in life. This is where the preschools come to the rescue. A preschool gives a solid foundation for a successful future in school. If you worry that your child might not be ready for preschool, there are numerous ways to help your child prepare for this important transition before they start preschool.
Children not only learn from their successful endeavors but also their mistakes. When your child is in a challenging situation, give them some time to find a solution to cope with it. Children learn fast and that is why you should let them be on their own while performing some activities like opening a lunch box, closing their bags, washing hands etc. This will give them confidence in their preschool.
Potty training is a complex matter. Before choosing a preschool, inquire about the potty training policy. Some schools require independent toileting and that is where you have to be careful. If your child is not developed enough to be potty trained, dont force them. Give them time to learn how to keep their diaper dry for at least an hour. If they learn it, they are ready to be potty trained.
Before sending your child to a preschool, teach them how to be organized. You will have to work closely with them to teach them on how to keep their clothes, toys and other items organized in their room. Use baskets to teach them to store their belongings in them. This is a good way to start. After the play session, tell them to clean all the space and keep all the items at the place where they belong.
Develop Social Skills
Social readiness should be a priority. Going to a preschool is your childs first experience of socialization. You should help your child develop social skills like sharing, taking turns, playing with fellow children and participating actively in activities. Moreover, you should also teach your child basic manners like greeting others and respecting the elders. Train your child to say words like thank you and excuse me to make them considerate.
Encourage Communication Skills
When it comes to school success, talking and listening to others is extremely valuable. Being a parent, you get countless opportunities to develop your childs language skills. To begin with, talk about their daily routine, share your activities just to make them confident that they can also discuss their issues and routine with you. Introduce them to new words so that their vocabulary increases significantly and they get to learn their own language more.
Get the Basics Right
Prior to preschool, teach your child their full name, the parents names and the address of their home. You can do this just to ensure that the child answers all the initial questions asked by the teachers. Moreover, if your child has some allergy or special health need, make sure that the child knows about it so that they can communicate it to the teacher and other instructors at the preschools.
These are some things that your child should know prior to going to a preschool in singapore . If your child knows these things, he/she will become the favorite of the teachers in the preschool and have the added confidence in their personality when they attend the preschool. Furthermore, if the child knows some nursery rhymes, it can be fruitful in the preschool as they will know it already and will enjoy them more with the teacher.
Are you planning to admit your child in a kindergarten? Kindergarten in singapore is a great place where your child can learn and develop in an effective way. There is specified equipment and materials with the help of which children get to know about important concepts. All these concepts are essential for their future success. Although it is hard to find a good quality kindergarten for your kid if the essential elements are considered carefully, it will not be a much challenging task. The next step is to prepare your child for the kindergarten. Here are some tips that will help you in this regard:
Book reading activity:
It is essential to familiarize your children with the books. For this purpose, there is a need to allocate some time for them on daily basis. It should be an important thing that every child must know. For getting admission in kindergarten in Singapore, kids must have all the basic knowledge. Reading books on a regular basis will improve several abilities in the kids that will help them in their future.
Development of fine motor skills:
The next important thing to consider while preparing for kindergarten in Singapore is to develop the fine motor skills. Although this cannot be done properly as it takes a lot of time. This is the reason there is a reason to start early. By engaging them in several activities before the start of a formal process, it will be easier to carry out the process in later life.
Pay attention to the manners:
Living inside a home and spending time in a formal setting is different. Within the home, there are several people who are always there for the kids to ignore their mistakes. Also, they will be provided with the chances to correct their mistakes every now and then. This is not the case in the formal settings. Within formal settings, kids have to behave in specified manners. The behavior of this kind will make them disciplined. Before they get introduced to the concept of manners, it is best to teach them these before the start of kindergarten in Singapore.
Allow them to socialize:
Kindergarten is all about performing and getting engaged into activities in which several other kids will be involved. They need to work in an environment with the collaboration of other kids and the teacher. All this can be done effectively only when the kids will be able to communicate in an effective way. In case of inability, it will be difficult to get desired results. This is the reason you need to teach your kids the effective ways of communicating their message to the other people around them.
Help them in taking responsibility:
Your child is growing with every passing day. They need to know that they have to handle themselves in a better way. For this purpose, they need to take responsibility for their own. Also, they must know that their actions belong to them. They will have to face all the consequences related to these actions. With this knowledge, they will be able to become responsible at the right time of their age.
Whenever a person is trying to develop new abilities in them, it takes a lot of time. It is best to allow your kid to understand all the number and recognize them before the start of the kindergarten. In this way, their learning will speed up and better results can be expected.
Children are a joy pack for parents. Hence, it is essential for parents to know if their children are developing and growing. Caring for small kids can be considered a demanding but incredibly rewarding profession, and families need trustworthiness to work with.
There are many things to observe when you start a small business and opening a small business day-care requires initiative and hard work.
To achieve this, individuals must establish a list of goals and objectives.
– Provide quality treatment and comfort in a safe and friendly environment. Offer an early learning program through the involvement of prepared play activities that allow children to develop and permit them to attain their full probable.
– Protect and encourage children and focus on positive behaviour. Help develop children’s confidence and a program in which children can improve themselves and others through play.
– Provide creative and imaginative play opportunities where children explore their identity and help build their self-esteem. Develop a positive image, a sense of self-esteem and competence.
– Learn to live effectively with others and to promote their rights and the rights of others. Create opportunities for successful, intellectual and social physics.
– Facilitate and expand language skills, stimulate curiosity and strengthen motor skills and fine.
– Develop emotional stability by helping children deal with their feelings and understanding the difference between how they feel and how they act. Help children develop social awareness through interaction with and accept other responsible children and adults.
– Make sure the attending staff are knowledgeable, qualified, pleasant and professional. Provide effective management of staff, trainees and volunteers through supervision, support, and training. Promote equal opportunities through our policies and reflect this philosophy through practice and care in our years.
– Develop a partnership with parents, involving parents in caring for children and showing information and concerns.
– To build up children’s knowledge of respect for variety through games and books.
– Provide healthy, safe and secure food for children:
– Develop a healthy eating program and support the health and well-being of children.
– Promote a strict no-smoking policy and try to create a healthy smoke-free environment for children.
– Promote a good self-image in each child, providing an environment that encourages independence, decision-making and problem-solving:
– Encourage each child in their growth development by providing an environment that promotes learning through activities, research, and explorations
– Help each child gain better control and knowledge of their body through interaction with the environment, materials, and equipment
– Help each child develop language skills that allow the expression of thoughts and feelings as well as an opportunity to increase knowledge
– Promote the appreciation of the cultural and ethnic diversity of their family and community; Discrimination in any form is not tolerated; And developing a cooperative, informative and respectful relationship with families.
These principles reflect our underlying philosophy: a good program will recognize the uniqueness of each child. We offer children an environment where the greatest potential opportunities to experience safe, stimulating, healthy and enjoyable for growth. Caring for a high-quality child can have a positive influence on children’s development and school preparation by providing valuable educational and social experiences.
Our goal is to provide high-quality care for children based on social values, and we are trying to create a caring environment where children grow and thrive. It is an honour and a privilege to operate at the centre of our community, and we thank you for giving your child our care.
We ensure Early childhood education in a child care centre to be accessible to all children.
Being a parent, we want the best for our children. We work hard to provide them with all the best things that we feel are essential for their better growth. However, in doing so, we unintentionally neglect them and focus more on earning money and finding the right services for them. In order to provide the child with the due care that they need and still providing them the services and things that they need for their development, child care centre are a good or the ideal option.
It is widely believed that sending a child to a child care center, day care or a preschool or hiring help takes away the love and care that the child deserves. However, it is not the reality. The child, in fact, gets more love of the parents as well as other people that make them feel loved and important to so many people around them. Moreover, they learn on how to read and write and get the solid foundation that helps them in the later stages of their educational career as well.
Benefits of Child Care
Some of the best benefits of child care are:
Social Development In a child care center, your child gets a chance to interact with other children of the same age group that helps them develop social and interpersonal skills. Not only do they play together, but learn together as well. The child learns how to share with others, greet others and learn some other traits as well that is not possible to learn at home.
The sense of Independence When your child spends some time in a child care center, they get to learn how to stay independent and do their normal course of work on their own. Of course, they are continuously being watched by the teachers and other staff but the feeling of staying away from the parents really help them generate some self-confidence.
Learning The basic idea of child care centre is to make the children learn from the teachers all the time even during the play session. This enhances their learning skills and they also utilize their creativity in the activities that are performed in a child care center.
Child Care in Singapore: The Costs
Childcare is one of the best options available to you where your child gets tons of benefits other than care and attention. In Singapore, there are following types of child care options available to you.
Preschool or Child Care centre
You can opt for either full-day or a half-day childcare program. Based on your chosen program and the age of your child, the average cost is around SGD 1.5K per month.
You can easily find babysitters or nannies in Singapore. The cost of these differs based on their experience and another factor. However, the starting price is around SGD 1.7K per month, quite higher than a preschool.
Based on the above costs, it is obvious that a preschool or a child care center is the most cost-effective option. Not only is it a cost effective option but there are other benefits as well. If you hire a nanny or a babysitter, the child does not get the opportunity to play with other children and interact with them and that is one of the best aspects of child care center that outshines babysitters or nannies.
It is wise to choose a childcare centre in Singapore . It is not about the cost but the better growth and development of your child.
A teacher takes a hand, opens the mind and touches the heart. Apart from the curriculum, children need to be nurtured to develop good habits and manners. Empathy, respect, and teamwork are crucial qualities for any adult because inculcating such qualities as a persons character must be done when he is in his pre nursery singapore phase . The non-academic skills a child must learn are:-
1) Self-confidence socialization with people apart from immediate family members helps boost self-confidence and helps overcome timidity or shyness. Positive interaction with other people helps secure self-esteem and promotes initiative approach by the child. While interacting with others, the child is more accepting and appreciative of others difference. This helps achieve a well-rounded character as the child becomes an adult.
2) Teamwork playing games or conducting group activities helps in providing opportunities to work together as a team. This encourages every child to participate. Sharing, caring, taking turns and cooperating are the objectives of non-academic skills. Respect for fellow team members can also develop over a period of time as repetitive teamwork games or activities are conducted. Patience towards team members, listening to the opinion of others and considering every member as an equal helps a child respect others. As the group works together, better concentration can be accepted which later can be channeled into individual concentration.
3) Holistic development the strong foundation laid for a childs social, mental, physical, and emotional development is an approach developed to help them face the world. Resilience must be inculcated in children at a young age to learn to cope with failure, losing a game once in a while, bruises, and bumps. This prepares them for the greater challenges that life will test them when they are independent adults. This helps the child deal with challenges in a realistic manner managing their own emotions.
4) Look forward to learning when learning is made fun, a child is eager and enthusiastic to learn more. Love for learning in forms of discovery, learning, and reading; encourages effective learning. The child listens to instructions and carries them out more effectively. Respect for authoritative figures like parents, teachers, and elders can be seen in such children. Through experience or setting oneself as a role model, conveying the value of education can be achieved.
RSVP now to experience these non-academic skills work their magic as children learn the true essence of character building.